The event will host a presentation by Impact Capital Group, looking closely at issues concerning the environment, social cohesion as well as safety and wellbeing, and what the housing sector can do to better address these great emergencies of our time. It will take place online on the 11th November from 13:45 to 15:30, bringing together a unique mix of panellists discussing the climate crisis, social cohesion, safety & wellbeing in the built environment.
We recognise that:
- The construction industry alone accounts for an incredible 36% of worldwide energy usage, and 40% of CO2 emissions
- Residents of more ethnically and age diverse neighbourhoods report much higher levels of social cohesion
- Following the tragedy of Grenfell, we are aware that 94% of residents in buildings with dangerous cladding report feelings of anxiety
It’s time to trigger a positive transformation through the housing sector, to address climate change, social cohesion, safety and wellbeing.
It’s time to build affordable, sustainable and smart neighbourhoods.
It’s time for change.
Founder and Chairman of Impact Capital Group, Robert Whitton, along with Operations Officer, Seb Whitton, will explore the company’s core values, which are intended to address the issues we are faced with today.
The panel of speakers includes:
· James Totton - Director of Modern Methods of Construction, Arcadis
· Nidhi Shah - Vice Chair, Association at Environment Conscious Building (AECB)
· Charlotte Todd - Property Director, Eastlight Community Homes
Join the conversation and attend for free by signing up here. If you’d like to find out more about this event, please contact us on email@example.com.